The following changes were made to ScribeFire between versions 3.0 and 3.0.1.
* Added detection of disabled XML-RPC in WordPress.
This should fix many of the “Invalid username/password” errors users have been experiencing.
* Fixed bug that causing ScribeFire to ignore line-breaks in preview mode
* Fixed bug when managing ads in tab or window mode
* Fixed bug with editor background in certain themes
* Fixed bug with incorrect earnings amount
* Updated ScribeFire to show a “What’s New in this version” page after upgrading instead of just ScribeFire.com
Time for a test post: the errors I’ve been having are to do with formatting being stripped from around images and links. ALL the angle brackets get stripped if posting via method other than directly via the WP editor.
Here’s what my husband David posted earlier, let’s see if the angle brackets get stripped.
O hai I delvrd ur groshrees! No cat treats, sry.
This is a photo of Riley during his “I has a bag” phase.” It has some simple stylng added via a CSS class called
I noticed that the way ScribeFire was adding Technorati Tags before, it was adding a lot of crappy looking cruft that I just had to delete with the angle bracket error, so no tags this time.
UPDATE:Fail Chicken strikes again!
All angle brackets were stripped, not just some of them. So all the HTML is unbracketed, like
DIV, A HREF, IMG, BLOCKQUOTE and so on. My husband David has logged an issue with WP, and I wonder if I won’t file one with ScribeFire, too. What fun.
UPDATE: Yep, they did get stripped, I had to go back in and fix them manually. Still broken, it appears to be a PHP bug, and the fix is currently “recompile,” which with my husband David’s setup is not really an option. Here’s his post, and here’s ticket number 7771 on WordPress’ Trac page. No action in two weeks.