We weren’t able to get to the big family Thanksgiving dinner today because David wasn’t feeling all that well, and also yesterday I had some tummy problems, so instead of stressing out trying to get everything done, we decided to just take it easy for the day. Sorry to miss out on the great food, but that’s how it is. We at least had turkey for sandwiches and we’ll have a little something easy for dinner shortly.
Here are some of the things I’m thankful for anyway:
- We have our health, for the most part (stitches out, no more Frankenmouth, yay)
- We were able to go to London and had a lovely time being tourons
- We have an incredible family, especially Shel and Leah, David’s parents
- I didn’t blow up the microwave earlier
- David has fixed a problem with the stove (but looking forward to a future remodel)
- We both have fulfilling jobs, something not everyone can say this year
Oh, and I’m thankful that I have the day off tomorrow, something that doesn’t usually happen. Scheduling on my team got less complicated so next year I have it off, too. However, I am NOT setting foot in a store.